Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rina Rose

UNDER THE CORONA

midday
Lady Sol's corona glows
through marine layers a jet flies south, banks west
Is it going to the airport?

Inside a lighting distributor's
wrought iron fence a well-dressed woman
talks with a ragged homeless man They rest on a bench after walking

I check my wallet which I know contains
only two dollars
handing them to the man
he needs the two dollars
more than I do

I am impatient for the bus to arrive
so I scroll through my iPod menu
picking one of my favorite songs
singing with it
walking to the next bus stop
where I will catch a bus to the bank

Rent is due today

On the bus I wonder how much difference exists between this man and me
He has no home on the other hand, I will give all
except thirty-five dollars
from the deposit to my landlord so I have a roof over my head

Yeah, we're both kind of broke

5 comments:

  1. nice comment,TamilGun Tamil Full Movie Download Tamilgun 2017 Movies Download Tamilgun.Com Online Movies Watch and Download TamilGun New Full Movies

    Tamilrasigan
    tamilgun
    tamilyogi hd movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post keep updating things here,Watch MCX Live Price, Market Rates and International Rates on mcxadda.com. Get the updated Multi Commodity Exchange live price list of gold, copper, silver
    live mcx rates

    ReplyDelete